Qigong Classes in Columbus, OH
Group and Individual Qigong Classes
Is Qigong right for you?
You can begin a Qigong practice no matter your age, gender, physical ability, or prior experience with meditative movement or energy work. Qigong does not discriminate. Whether you live a relatively sedentary lifestyle, are an athlete, or move and exercise regularly, a Qigong practice will benefit you.
The gentle movements can be done even if you have arthritis or other joint ailments. For those that have difficulty standing and those that are in wheelchairs, Qigong can be done while sitting and even be modified to practice while lying on your back.
If you are looking to enhance your own well being or increase energy, want sharpened mental focus, and reduced pain, Qigong is right for you.
What to expect from a Qigong class
Inclusive and relaxed learning environment
- All classes are “Judgement Free” zones
- Each class begins with warm-ups that you will be taught
- Each week you will learn some new movement(s) to add to what you had previously learned
- Presentation of some of the Yin and Yang meridians and other aspects of Traditional Chinese Medicine
- You will be given feedback and be able to ask questions throughout the class
Learning Qigong movements, posture, breathing
- Understand the proper stances and postures
- Learning how to do each of the eight movements without causing stress or strain in your muscles
- Clear instructions on how to perform each movement, the sequence, and the breath work associated with them
- Doing repetitions of the movements so you get a good sense of them
- Gain awareness of energy, where it is stuck and where it is flowing smoothly
Preparing for the class
- Classes will start on time
- Wear loose fitting clothes though street clothes will do
- Barefoot is best, socks and even shoes are fine
- Make sure your feet do not slip and if you’re going to use a chair, the chair must be stable
- Bring water
Group Qigong Courses
Group courses are a great way to have fun learning with and from each other. Through interacting with each other you will learn from each other’s mistakes and celebrate each other’s successes.
The fees, dates, and times for group courses are less than for private courses and are set by the host/organizer.
Private Qigong Lessons – for individual students
In private lessons you will receive personal attention and we can better modify the movements to fit your particular needs.
Lessons can be taught in your back yard, a local park, or via Zoom. The full course requires a minimum of 6 hours of instruction. Evenings and weekends are available for private lessons. We will meet for one hour each week for 6 consecutive weeks. Another option is to meet for 90 minutes each week for 4 weeks.
“Qigong practice, as well as other branches of Chinese medicine, can be reduced to two simple principles: the cleansing of meridians to achieve harmonious energy flow, and the restoration of yin-yang balance.”
~ Wong Kiew Kit
Group Qigong Course – Ohio State University Integrated Medicine
September 18 – November 6, 2023
6:30 PM – 7:30 PM
Group Qigong classes are being held through Ohio State University Integrated Medicine.
The fee is $100 for the full 8-week course.
Qigong Course – Private lessons
6 consecutive weeks
Evenings and weekends are available for private lessons. We will meet for one hour each week for 6 consecutive weeks. Another option is to meet for 90 minutes each week for 4 weeks.
The fee for the full course is $250
Individual Private Lessons
60 min – 90 min
A single session to fine tune your practice.
The fee is $60 for one hour.